Join this free Young Authors Program. Children have such fun imaginations. They come up with the cutest stories and I love the illustrations. To see things through the eyes of a child is truly magical.
Young Authors Program
The Young Authors Program is designed to encourage your child to write their own stories and books. I enjoy visiting schools and talking to the students about authors and illustrators. “You know anyone can be an author and anyone can be an illustrator,” I tell them. I also find it important for them to know it doesn’t matter if anyone else likes your story or illustrations, the important thing is, they, the child likes it.
What does a child learn from the Young Authors Program. More than you could ever imagine!
- Imagination – To imagine something and then build on it until it becomes a story in a book. A perfect activity for any child.
- Writing – Putting their thoughts onto paper for others to read. Describing something so you, the reader could almost picture being there.
- Penmanship – Handwriting is becoming a lost art. Writing so others can read it is such an important lesson now days.
- Reading – Reading is an important skill. If a child can read they can take adventures anywhere they would like to go. Reading is important in so many aspects of our lives and is so important for a parent to encourage.
- Spelling – Spelling can be difficult for some. What better way for a child to practice their spelling. Putting words into a sentence is a perfect way for a child to express themselves and work on their spelling words.
- Illustrating – Drawing something brings a childs imagination to life. Writing a book is a perfect way for a child to practice their illustrations. A picture, at times, says things words can’t. I love to look at the drawings of a child and see what they are seeing.
- Confidence – Writing and illustrating their own book is a great way to build self confidence in a child. This is a perfect time for you as a parent to encourage your child to not only do their best but to love what they are creating.
There is so much more to gain when a child writes their own book, than listed above. The Young Authors Program can be so rewarding for a child.
I would like to invite you to encourage your child to join this program. Join the program here. A Winner of the Young Authors Program will receive a children’s book of their choice from Brenda’s Kids Books store.
With schools closing at this trying time this is a great opportunity to continue your child’s education or maybe give them something to stop the boredom. For more information on the Young Authors Program go to this form. The program is free of charge. Just a little something from Brenda’s kids books to help you while your children are out of school because of the Corona Virus.
I hope you will encourage your child to join, and who knows you may see that budding little author emerge!